Southern California Brain Injury Lawer
If you need the help of a brain injury attorney in Southern California, we can help. Law Offices of Anh Quoc Duy Nguyen focus on handling serious personal injury cases, including cases involving a Traumatic Brain Injury. These types of cases are extremely complex and require an attorney experienced with handling traumatic brain injury cases. Our attorneys have the experience you need to win your case and are committed to helping "ordinary people" to get fair and just compensation for the injuries they've suffered. If you're like most people, you are probably wondering:
* Who will pay for my medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering?
* What money can I get right now to help me?
* What papers should I sign or not sign? Do I need an attorney?
We offer free consultations and take all personal injury cases on a contingency basis so there is no cost to you to retain our services. You pay only if we win your case. Call anytime to find out how Law Offices of Anh Quoc Duy Nguyen can help you answer the questions that you have.Brain Injury Information
There are two different types of brain injuries:
* Traumatic Brain Injury
* Acquired Brain Injury
A traumatic brain injury occurs when an outside force impacts the head hard enough to cause the brain to move within the skull or causes the skull to break and directly hurts the brain. Many injuries result from serious head or brain trauma, including:
* Injuries from car, truck or motorcycle accidents
* Physical violence
* Bicycle accident injuries
* Sports accidents
* Any severe blow to the head
Some of the symptoms of brain injuries include loss of consciousness, dilated pupils, vision impairment, dizziness, fluid coming out of the nose and/or ears, respiratory failure (not breathing), coma or semi-comatose state, paralysis or partial paralysis, vomiting, sleepiness, headache and confusion. Brain injuries are extremely serious and require immediate medical attention as all injuries to the head are potentially serious.
Traumatic Brain Injury Statistics
* Every 21 seconds, a person in America sustains a Traumatic Brain Injury
* Nearly 5.3 million people in the United States live with disabilities resulting from Traumatic Brain Injury
* 1.5 million people each year sustain a Traumatic Brain Injury
* Over 1 million people are treated in hospital emergency rooms each year
* Over 50,000 deaths occur each year are the result of Traumatic Brain InjuriesAcquired Brain Injury
Acquired brain injury takes place at the cellular level within the brain. Therefore, injury from acquired brain injury can affect cells throughout the entire brain (as opposed to Traumatic Brain Injuries which injure a specific part of the brain). There are two types of Acquired Brain Injuries: Anoxic Brain Injury (where the brain doesn't get oxygen) and Hypoxic Brain Injury (the brain receives some but not enough oxygen).
Causes of Acquired Brain Injury include:
* Airway obstruction
* Choking or strangulatioin
* Electrical shock
* Trauma to the head and/or neck
* Vascular Disruption
* Heart attack and stroke
* Infectious disease
* Brain tumors
* Metabolic disorders
* Exposure to toxic agents
* Drug Use
In addition to winning brain damage compensation for you and your family, our goal is to improve the quality of life for our clients who have sustained a brain injury. Law Offices of Anh Quoc Duy Nguyen can help ensure that your family is taken care in every way possible. Consultation is free and there is no out of pocket expense to you if we take your case. You pay nothing unless we win. Call us today to find out how Law Offices of Anh Quoc Duy Nguyen can help you.