Los Angeles Train Accident AttorneyBreaking News:
Los Angeles Metrolink Train Accident Kills 25 and Injures Over 100 in Chatsworth
A Metrolink train collided with a Union Pacific freight train in Chatsworth on Friday night, September 12th. 25 people have died and at 135 others were injured with at least 40 critically, in the Metrolink train accident. With the amount of passengers that died this accident has become the most deadly Metrolink accident in the history of Los Angeles commuting.
The Metrolink with about 222 passengers hit the freight train head on and the Metrolink has claimed responsibility and apologized for the accident.
Investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) are talking to the two 14-year-old teens and their families, Kitty Higgins, a board member, said at a news conference today.
The teens had told KCBS-TV that they received a text message from the engineer on Friday afternoon, just moments before the deadly crash, AP said.
Los Angeles Train Crash Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a train accident, you may need the help of an experienced train accident lawyer. Law Offices of Anh Quoc Duy Nguyen has proven time and time again that we get results for our clients. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and we will fight to get you the very best results possible.
You or a loved one may have sustained injuries like whiplash, burns, spinal cord injuries, broken or dislocated a bone, lost the use of a limb, brain injury or a loved one may have had a wrongful death.
A train accident injury can occur in a variety of different ways such as:
* Train Derailment
* Intersection Collision
* Faulty engines and other train parts
* Lack of signals
* Engineer error
* Exposure to toxic or hazardous chemicals
National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Railroad Administration has provided these statistics related to railway accidents:
- 60% of all crossing fatalities occur at unprotected crossings
- 80% of all public railroad crossings are not protected by lights and safety gates
- A derailment or train collision occurs every 90 minutes
- The federal government doesn’t scrutinize railroads as closely as other modes of transportation. Railroads are almost self-regulated
- There have been few technological changes or safety updates for railway systems in the past 70 years
- Local emergency crews have no control over trains resulting in dangerous delays in responding to critical calls
- While vehicle and train collisions have decreased, pedestrian and train collisions have increased
The railroad companies and its workers have a responsibility for passenger safety and avoiding causing injury to anyone on highways that are crossed by train tracks. If you or a loved one were a passenger on a train that was involved in an accident you are owed damages for injuries suffered if the railroad company is found negligent.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a train accident, call one of our experienced lawyers at Law Offices of Anh Quoc Duy Nguyen today. We will provide you with a free consultation and there is never a fee unless we win. If you need help and you are outside of California, our office has a nationwide network of attorneys who specialize in handling train accident cases.
Call us today and get expert legal advice.